Why Your Support is Needed?
Jane’s House of Inspiration (JHOFI) is a non-profit, 501(C)3 organization with a mission to create safe, judgment-free environments so that women can heal their minds, bodies, and spirits from substance abuse and become productive members of their families and society. We recognize that the women we serve cannot live drug-free lives if their families and communities are suffering, so JHOFI’s approach is to treat women as well as to help foster drug-free families and social environments through individual, group, and community-level substance abuse prevention services. Furthermore, JHOFI strives to advance the cause of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month (Recovery Month).
Let me share with you the story of Jane Lee Britton. Jane Lee Britton, a woman of strong faith, suffered from domestic violence and substance abuse on and off throughout her life. Ms. Britton, an educated woman with many skills and talents never gave up hope of living a drug-free and abuse-free life; neither did she lose her faith due to her circumstances. Jane Lee Britton inspired individuals in her community by helping elderly neighbors clean their homes after she returned from work each day, and by sponsoring children’s programs to enrich the lives of youths. No one ever suspected that such an educated, kindhearted woman would be suffering from domestic and substance abuse. Eventually, Ms. Britton’s problems with substance abuse became worse, and she found herself at times homeless and without resources to make ends meet. As a recovering addict with fragile support systems, Ms. Britton found it very difficult to find resources such as employment and quality housing, even after completing treatment programs. In 2006, Jane Lee Britton graduated from earth to a better place. Ms. Britton’s daughter, Qiana L. Brown, started Jane’s House of Inspiration in honor of her late mother to ensure that women in similar situations would always have the resources and support they need to recover. Jane’s House of Inspiration makes a difference in the lives of people like Jane Lee Britton every day, and we celebrate recovery — whether it’s two days clean or two years clean!
In 2006, when JHOFI was founded, according to SAMHSA, 23.6 million people aged 12 or older needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol use problem, but only 2.5 million received the specialty treatment they needed. Similar disparities between the need for care and receiving care still exist. Jane’s House of Inspiration is committed to narrowing this treatment gap by targeting women who are otherwise unable to afford or access treatment. However, persistent support is essential to help the millions of people who have not yet received the services they so desperately need.
Today, you can make a difference by making a financial contribution to JHOFI. Contributions are tax deductible and your donations will help JHOFI continue to provide free services to individuals, families, and communities. You can become a JHOFI Supporter in Action by donating as little as $16 for 16 weeks, which totals $256:
- Bronze Supporter in Action – $16 for 16 weeks;
- Silver Supporter in Action – $500
- Gold Supporter in Action – $1,000
- Platinum Supporter in Action – $5,000
- Lifetime Supporter in Action – $10,000 or more
You can chose to have your contribution support JHOFI’s general mission, or you can support one of our specific programs such as:
- JHOFI on the Road| Our cross-country community outreach ministry that promotes substance abuse prevention both nationally and globally
- Holiday Voucher Program| Helps families with an immediate member recovering from substance abuse to meet their needs over the holiday season
- Scholarship Fund| Awards up to two students each year a supplemental scholarship to continue their education in one of the many helping professions
- Inspirational Kids Network (IKids Network)| Our premier youth program developed to teach youths the life skills needed to prevent substance abuse and to live healthy, productive lives
- A-Maze-N Recovery| Community empowerment program
- Individual based treatment and prevention programs
- Substance abuse counseling
- Long-term case management program
- Job training program (Project Jane)
Please make all checks payable to Jane’s House of Inspiration, and mail to: Jane’s House of Inspiration, P.O. Box 41644, Baltimore, MD 21203. Your contributions will positively influence the recovery community, and I hope we can count on your help. Please, be a voice and join our efforts!
With great appreciation,
Rev. Terrance L. Brown
Regional Executive Director
Jane’s House of Inspiration